I live in the Dominican Republic and am blessed to be surrounded by beauty in so many forms; however it is the people here, both men and women that teach me the most about beauty, beauty of spirit and faith, family, community and attitude and also the powerful lesson of body acceptance and confidence!
Most men here are not shy in hiding their admiration for a beautiful woman. And time after time I have watched all shapes and sizes of women receiving this “admiration” and strutting and “workin’ it” as they walk down the street. I am amazed and excited and inspired at the confidence that most women exude no matter what their weight or appearance.
I love watching their steady gaze, their tiny smirk and the slow, swinging of their hips. I am much more meek in my gait but I think a little has rubbed off 🙂 Here is what I have learned so far while living in the Caribbean:
- Choose clothes that fit your form – avoid oversized baggy clothes!
- Experiment with different styles and colours ~ Have fun!
- Maintain a good posture, head held high and confident expression 🙂
- Accessorize girlfriend!!
- Avoid black and wear colour near your face
- Choose the right neck line for your body and stick with it!
And watching these body loving confident people on the dance floor is another experience entirely. Beautiful. Smooth. Sensual.
Kelly McIntyre M.Sc.