1. Assess your Attitude
· Often when we aren’t happy in our work, we spend a lot of time complaining and criticizing management for the things we don’t agree with or don’t like about work.
2. Take Responsibility
· Ask yourself: What am I bringing to the table here? What am I contributing? Do I present solutions? What can I do to improve the environment at work?
3. Start Today & Be Grateful
· Look around and see all of the things that are going right at work, things that you are grateful for, if necessary write them all down to remind yourself.
1. Create your Happy or your Dream List
· When were you the most happy? What do you want to be doing with your time? Write out a list of ideal jobs or career scenarios.
2. Look for Opportunities
· Consider a lateral move at work, what opportunities exist? If not, find people that have the job you want and conduct informational interviews. Find out what you need to get where you want to go!
3. Get Involved & Bridge your Gap
· Become the ideal candidate for your ideal job by taking courses, volunteer and meet the people necessary to move you to where you want to go.
You are here for a reason, your contributions matter! Your dreams are clues to finding your life purpose and each day can move us closer to our potential! Enjoy the process!
Kelly McIntyre M.Sc.